YES. I’m so excited for you to explore the city I decided to uproot to. From the sunny, blue summers to the gloomy, but cozy winters, I fell in love with this city. Here are my favorite viewpoints of the city, eateries, and things to do.
Pike Place Market
- Pike Place Chowder – Crab & Oyster Chowder is my fave! Or grab the sampler to try all
- Rachel’s Ginger Beer – Can’t go wrong with any of the flavors
- Elleno’s Greek Yogurt – I’ve never been yet, but everyone swears by it. I’ve had the store bought version, and it’s still delicious!
- Piroshky Piroshky – Try the smoked salmon. Bring to-go for a meal later or a picnic
- Beecher’s Cheese – Mac & cheese is delicious
- Other – Walk to the park on the north side of the market for a view of Elliot Bay
- Starbucks Reserve – If you’re into Starbucks, I think it’s cool to see. Plus cute and unique Starbucks souvenirs
- Kizuki – If you’re craving ramen, especially if you’re visiting in the fall/winter, this is my fave ramen spot!
- Throwbacks NW – I like taking people here; lots of vintage sports attire
- Amazon Go – Market with no checkout lines. Download the app before
- Unicorn bar – Grab drinks, super outrageous bar
- Optimism Brewery – Large warehouse. OK beers, but good spot to start
- Still Liquor – Good music, good crowd. Always a good night!
- Seattle (Hot) Dogs – Cream cheese. The End.
- Purple Dot – You gotta try late night Chinese food. Game changer
- Gas Works Park – Fave lookout to see the Seattle skyline. You can go to Kerry Park too, for a closer view of the Needle. But the Gas Works view includes Lake Union… my favorite for a reason. Great for picnics
- Ivar’s – Popular for fish and chips and great HH! Go to the UW location for waterfront seating
- Mbar – Rooftop bar overlooking Lake Union
- The Nest – Rooftop bar overlooking Puget Sound. I’d rather go to Mbar
- Paseo (or Un Bien) – TBH I like Un Bien more, but you honestly cannot go wrong with Paseo! Get the Caribbean roast
- Biscuit Bitch – Grab a southern brekkie to go. Louisiana hot link, eggs, and grits, all smothered in cheese, gravy, and topped with jalapeños. Need I say more?
- Umi – If you’re craving sushi. Great Happy Hour
- Kayak – Around the UW Arboretum during the summer
- Jump Bikes – Ride around the city. Stop by the Needle, bike around Lake Union
- Fremont Troll – Personally, I wouldn’t go. Not worth going out of your way
As always, feel free to comment below if you have any questions!